Druyes les Belles Fontaines Castle

Le château de Druyes

Castle Druyes Belles Fontaines is the Mecca of the Middle Ages in Burgundy. It was built in the late twelfth century by the counts of Nevers.

Individual tours

Career Discovery all Easter weekend to September 30 from 15:00 to 18:00.

The week in July and August only, from 15:00 to 18:00.

  • Adults: 4 Euros
  • Children: 2,50 Euros (8 to 16 years)
  • Free until 8 years

Ratilly Castle

Le Château de Ratilly

The name Ratilly -probably from “ratel”, the herse- is mentioned for the first time in an act of 1160 concerning the knight Renaud Ratilly. A castle was built right from the eleventh century, during the establishment of feudalism in Puisaye. levelled during wars between lords, it is on its foundations that Mathieu Ratilly had the present building built in about 1270  which will provoke quite a stir despite its isolation.

Individual unguided tour: € 4 (€ 2.5 All Saints to Easter)

Free under 12 (except school groups)

Guided tours by appointment: 5 € per person

Vézelay

Vezelay, its name alone evokes a village crowned by a church – wonder of Romanesque art – on the  UNESCO world heritage list.

This is one of the most beautiful villages in France, a city sanctuary,  delicious white wines,  a departure for Saint Jacques de Compostela, a door to the Regional Natural Park of Morvan and also an exceptionally preserved environment, beautiful landscapes and unknown treasures in the heart of each village.

A real place where you can stroll through the narrow streets, enjoy the local cuisine accompanied by a Burgundy(wine) Vezelay, walk the trails, go down the Cure in a canoe, fly over the hills in a hot air balloon, take a cruise on the Canal du Nivernais, botanise in nature, drink in the music … live fully!

Saint Fargeau Castle

Château de Saint Fargeau

The history of the Castle of Saint Fargeau spans 10 centuries. In 980, Bishop Heribert of Auxerre and half-brother of Hugh Capet, establishes a rendezvous point of fortified hunting. From the tenth to the fifteenth century, the castle owners were from famous families such as the  Lords of Toucy, de Bar, and the famous silversmith of Charles VII, Jacques Coeur. From 1453, Antoine de Chabannes built, on the foundations of the ancient fortress, the present castle with its pentagonal shape, flanked by six large towers. In 1652, Anne-Marie Louise of Orleans, La Grande Mademoiselle (first cousin of Louis XIV), sentenced to five years of exile following the events of the Fronde moved to Saint-Fargeau. The architect Le Vau was involved in the construction of the inner walls of the castle. He leaves one of the finest examples of French classicism. The Lepeletier family bought the castle in 1713. Louis Michel Lepeletier (famous conventional), voted for death of Louis XVI and was himself, assassinated.

The Castle of Saint Fargeau is the “character” of the central novel of Jean d’Ormesson’s Hope to God.

Since 1979, the Castle of Saint Fargeau is the property of Michel Guyot.

Opening

From 22 March to 11 November 2014.

From 10am to 12pm and 14pm to 18pm.

Up to 19h from 1 July to 31 August.

Entrance

Adult: 10 €

School: 6 €

Group: 8 €