The Colette’s House

After his rehabilitation, The House of Colette opens to the public from May 25th, 2016.

The House of Colette, more than a writer’s house, is a cultural project, a book home.

Web site:

Guédelon Castle

At the heart of the Puisaye in the department of Yonne in Burgundy, about fifty workers are up to an extraordinary challenge: a castle being built today using the techniques and materials from the Middle Ages.

In the middle of a naturally wooded area , providing all the raw materials required for construction: stone, wood, earth, sand and clay … quarrymen, stonecutters, masons, woodcutters, carpenters, blacksmith, tile makers, carters, basket maker, ropemakers… build day after day a real castle before the eyes of thousands of visitors.

The project, started in 1997 and should last about 25 years.

Guédelon is open from March 17th to november 4th 2015.

In September, October to November 4th 2015 included: Guédelon is open from 10 am to 17:30 or 18h; Closed on Wednesdays

Guédelon website: Le Château de Guédelon

The castle farm

La ferme du château

You will discover the Farm Animals, Farmer’s House, the Old Trades and full of Entertainment: milking goats, caring for small animals …

Ratilly Castle

Le Château de Ratilly

The name Ratilly -probably from “ratel”, the herse- is mentioned for the first time in an act of 1160 concerning the knight Renaud Ratilly. A castle was built right from the eleventh century, during the establishment of feudalism in Puisaye. levelled during wars between lords, it is on its foundations that Mathieu Ratilly had the present building built in about 1270  which will provoke quite a stir despite its isolation.

Individual unguided tour: € 4 (€ 2.5 All Saints to Easter)

Free under 12 (except school groups)

Guided tours by appointment: 5 € per person

Saint Fargeau Castle

Château de Saint Fargeau

The history of the Castle of Saint Fargeau spans 10 centuries. In 980, Bishop Heribert of Auxerre and half-brother of Hugh Capet, establishes a rendezvous point of fortified hunting. From the tenth to the fifteenth century, the castle owners were from famous families such as the  Lords of Toucy, de Bar, and the famous silversmith of Charles VII, Jacques Coeur. From 1453, Antoine de Chabannes built, on the foundations of the ancient fortress, the present castle with its pentagonal shape, flanked by six large towers. In 1652, Anne-Marie Louise of Orleans, La Grande Mademoiselle (first cousin of Louis XIV), sentenced to five years of exile following the events of the Fronde moved to Saint-Fargeau. The architect Le Vau was involved in the construction of the inner walls of the castle. He leaves one of the finest examples of French classicism. The Lepeletier family bought the castle in 1713. Louis Michel Lepeletier (famous conventional), voted for death of Louis XVI and was himself, assassinated.

The Castle of Saint Fargeau is the “character” of the central novel of Jean d’Ormesson’s Hope to God.

Since 1979, the Castle of Saint Fargeau is the property of Michel Guyot.


From 22 March to 11 November 2014.

From 10am to 12pm and 14pm to 18pm.

Up to 19h from 1 July to 31 August.


Adult: 10 €

School: 6 €

Group: 8 €